Relocating to another city is hectic and tedious, especially with kids. There are so many things to keep in mind while moving to ensure that the move is not stressful for the family and you as well. We understand the problem so, we have put together this guide to help you to pack and move hassle free and stress free. But before you do anything else, we advise you to hire packers and movers as soon as possible.
On Orange Packers and movers you can book professional and efficient Packers and Movers, who offer high-quality services at standardized rates.
Things to Consider When Relocating Your Family
We advise to take 2-3 days off, over a weekend to research the new city, not only to find a house hunt but also to research good neighborhoods for your family. Here are the following factors to pay attention to:
- Make sure your apartment has everything. By everything, wemean; from basic amenities like adequate water supply, 24-hour electricity, parking space, to parks for your children, security guards. And all of these at a reasonable rent.
- Make sure your neighborhood is safe. When shortlisting neighborhoods, you need to make sure that it is well-connected, particularly to your workplace, shopping places, that it has a hospital, etc.
- Make sure to locate a good school. Look for good schools in the locality. If youselected schools are not near to the place, confirm if they provide school bus facilities to and from your neighborhood.
Tips to pack and move smoothly
This is the hardest part of the process and you’re probably wondering where to start. Here’s what you need to do:
- Hire Packers and Movers: Now have to spend some time on the internet for searching a trusted packers and movers service that offers good quality services, does a professional job, has reasonable rates, and has positive customer answers or reviews. Or you could simply book packers and movers services on Orange packers and Movers that tick all the above-mentioned criteria.
- Make Lists: Even if you’ve never been the most organized person in the world, this is a good time to try. Before you hire packers and movers make a list of all the items that will pack. The best way to do it is to go room by room. These lists can be shared with your Packer and Mover to give an estimate of how much the service will cost and how many vehicles will be needed for transportation.
IMP Tip: Tape your lists to the right boxes. This way, you can open the boxes you require first without wasting time opening up random boxes.
- Lighten the Load: Inventory checks are also a good opportunity to de-clutter. If you haven’t used something in 1 year, you probably never will so best give it away.
- Separate Important Documents: While checking your inventory,search and place important documents and papers in a separate folder.
- Pack a Box of Essential Items: Pack a carton with a few things you would need as soon as you reach your new home, like toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, and liquid soap), first aid box, and phone/laptop chargers plus other important gadgets.